The ID Register is an investor onboarding platform that helps make key processes such as fund launches faster, easier and more cost-effective
The ID Register is a central industry utility for all LPs, GPs and service providers. The platform is owned and developed by Ipes, a European administrator focussed on private funds. The ID Register works in alliance with StepStone, and KPMG, to create a universal investor onboarding platform including the Universal Subscription Questionnaire, AML/KYC information and a complete FATCA/CRS service.
The ID Register can benefit all market participants:
- One KYC, Subscription and FATCA profile across all GPs
- Regular reminder to keep it up to date
- More secure than email, post or PDF
- Control who accesses your profile
- A completely managed service – forget about KYC and FATCA/CRS
- Up to date information
- Efficiency for Investors
- Common standard across jurisdictions and service providers
- Launch bigger funds faster – existing investors will already be complete
- Complete dataset on which to form an opinion
- Seamless managed process
- Reduce barriers to new business
- Avoid the need for repeat KYC requests for existing clients
- Avoid low/negative margin KYC work
- Control regulatory risk
The ID Register is a central utility for the Private Funds industry and is a distinct business unit within the Ipes group of companies.
The online service is supported by analysts and experienced professionals who provide online and telephone support for our registered investors. The ID Register is the first technology platform of its kind in the private fund market and has been widely welcomed by the industry.
The ID Register is delivered by an experienced and dedicated team of 26 analysts, technologists and senior AML managers across Guernsey, Jersey, the UK and Ireland. Responding to client demand we were established in Guernsey in 2016 and opened a dedicated office for new client onboarding in Cork, Ireland in early 2017.